Thursday, April 12, 2012

Solitary Retreat until May 2, Food Issues

Outside wall of Radio Habana Social Club
I'm going up to Lake County for an Order retreat, then a solitary retreat, tomorrow. I'll be back around May 2. Getting ready/shopping/packing is exhausting!

I went to the UCSF support group yesterday. I like going to that group, in spite of being really sensitive, and get rattled by people giving unsolicited advice, which the world seems to be full of, even when it's not directed at me. Energy-wise I am very high-and-low still, also sometimes unable to sleep.

I'm starting up the process again of becoming a private preceptor, in other words to go through a several month process hopefully in the end authorizing me to ordain people into our Order. Which hopefully will be Dawn, next year.

Misha gave me my new treatment plan, seven pages, which is excellent. And I never read the second half, post-treatment part of Life Over Cancer which I will bring with me on my solitary.

Misha has told me that studies show more and more of a link between sugar and cancer growth. So I thought I would go back to my zero sugar policy, but haven't. This is simply because of the amount of discipline and effort it takes.For example, the jam I have has sugar. When I went to the bar, it was either water or a drink with sugar in it... I am certainly eating a lot less sugar than I would like to.

I'm also eating a lot less meat (by which I mean, flesh of any kind!), as the cravings are less frequent. Noticing how much discipline and effort it takes to be a vegetarian, for example, when you're at an Italian restaurant and the vegetarian choices are all starchy with little protein. I suppose in the past I would have tried to avoid such restaurants, or maybe I didn't feel like protein was such an issue.  Still, I'm around 95% vegetarian at this point. I guess I am still to some degree prioritizing my health over the lives of the animals.

And I'm craving caffeine! I suppose I am wanting to go back to my previous routine. I'm bringing no sugar on my solitary... Feeling better brings new challenges...



1 comment:

  1. Suvanna- I am with you in solidarity against sugar.

    I have been saying no more sugar for the past 2 weeks and each day succumb to chocolate bars. So Today, it just turned Saturday!, I am going public and fully support you in holding back the sugar. It is a poison for me.

    I also support your solitary retreat and will think of you often.
    love, nancy

    ReplyDelete