Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Brazilian Jesus

Mission mural, photo by Paris Cullen
I've been having memorable dreams. One was that I was writing a super important poem. All this stuff was happening but the most important thing was to finish my poem. I only remember the first line, something like, "Looking for Brazilian Jesus."

In another one I suspected that I was dreaming. So I asked myself, How can I tell if it's a dream? There is some question I need to ask but I can't remember it. When I woke up I realized the give-away is asking that question. (If you are asking, it's a dream.)

I've also had two dreams about my ex-husband Michael, who I haven't thought about in years. (We were married in 1983 I believe and only stayed together a few years.) In the dreams, I felt a great deal of tenderness and longing.


1 comment: