Saturday, March 17, 2012

Down the Rabbit Hole

The Persistence of Memory, Salvador Dali 
I was meant to be leading part of a practice day this morning, so I set my alarm, which is one of those alarms that emits light rather than sound, for 9am, and put it on my magazine rack angled for maximum light in my face, so there was no chance of me missing the wake up call.

But when I happened to wake up this morning, the clock said 12:15! CRAP! I missed the part I was meant to be leading! How did it happen? I guess I slept through it or it didn't go off. I felt a lot of frustration. My friends no doubt were wondering where I was. Crap!

I went into the kitchen and Pasadini asked, Weren't you doing the practice day today? I said yes, but I failed to wake up, I don't know what happened, but I missed it. I was still very tired somehow so I got back in bed.

The culprit
When I woke up again it was 12:20...hm. Only 5 minutes had passed? My watch was on the nightstand - it said 10:00am. Or was it upside down? Have I fallen down the rabbit hole? I felt intensely disoriented.

Turns out that my clock doesn't really run when it's not upright, and since Pasadini wasn't even home, that conversation must have been a dream, and I probably woke up the first time at around the right time, but didn't know it. Now it was 10:00am, the time the practice day was starting, and there I was, confused, with mascara smeared under my eyes and a severe case of bed head.

I was down there by 10:30...Then I didn't grasp what time lunch was, even though Padmatara kindly wrote out a schedule for me...Being so continually confused about time kind of upset me...perhaps I am jumping back in a bit too soon?

Anyway...it was great to see people!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is also confused about what time zone you are in, as you have already posted this on Sunday morning, and I'm pretty sure it's still Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You on any 'meds'- especially pain-killers? I was getting that kind of confused on them, after a surgery i had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time has always annoyed me. Clocks are its evil disciples!
    Alby

    ReplyDelete