Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Is My Bed

Did someone win the Super Bowl? No, that was a while ago. Lots of horn honking going on outside right now.

Sometimes my bed has a lot of stuff on it, which I often move to one side. This sampling of items  includes a wonderful scrapbook that arrived a few days ago from Cambridge (UK), sent by Maitridevi, which includes photos, poems, notes and other art "From Everyone at the Buddhafield Retreat 2011." This was the wonderful month long meditation retreat last summer that took place in a field in Devon...I got choked up when I opened the box.

I'm reading King Dork by Frank Portman. It's the first book I've actually been interested in/enjoyed in a while. I also got the book, I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!, Daily Affirmations by Stuart Smalley, which isn't that funny, but I do love Stuart Smalley (AKA Al Franken) so. Watched some of The Life of Birds with Richard Attenborough last night. Otherwise, it's just comedies, I don't seem to be watching (or reading) anything else. Also, Ivor Cutler, what a whack job! (Thanks Dayajoti!)

Another point of view
Sometimes I wake up in the night and eat oranges, like some kind of crazed fruitarian vampire. I'm still dealing with some new issues of hassle and pain that seem to emerge often, but I am slowly getting some energy back...time to start worrying?

2 comments: