Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Healing Marathon/Communication Breakdown

Ala Wikipedia (because I can't
find my excellent cheetah photo)
Walked with Padmatara today to Rainbow Grocery, 2.4 miles roundtrip.

I seem to have switched from downing coconut water to eating oranges - at least three a day. Trying to keep up with the acidophilus twice a day and other maintenance things I'm supposed to do, all of which has gone lately by the wayside, probably to do with feeling depressed/unmotivated and anxious. Lots of emails to catch up on...and I lost my phone (going to give it a few days.) Going to pick up the moisturizing again, the acidophilus, supplements, and walking and meditation...so much maintenance.

I forgot to say in my last post that apparently I have a 'vesicovaginal fistula'. A fistula is an "abnormal tubelike passage within body tissue, usually between two internal organs" - such as the bladder and vagina. I don't care about this so much at the moment since I don't have any symptoms from it....

I'm eating meat once or twice a week. This is because I crave protein (and have been told to eat a lot of protein), and it's too much effort to get a lot of, and varied, protein through vegetarian sources. Also I am eating what I crave, which sometimes is oranges, and sometimes is wonton soup.

I had three helpful, health-related appointments yesterday. First I saw Alan the shaman. Seeing him was really great. Mostly what he did was help me relax...for me it was very, very simple. I just felt all the various areas of tension in my body, then I felt it be relieved, and I felt that something was clearer, lighter. At some point (for Alan) a cheetah appeared, which is excellent.

Then I saw Misha the acupuncturist, and went to the chi gung class next door which is taught by a student of Larry Wong, below. The net effect of it all was that I feel both more relaxed and motivated.




Other Posts About Alan and Misha

Shaman

Chinese Medicine

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't the fistula mean that the tumor has shrunk? That's a good fistula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does mean that - the tumor has definitely shrunk. Even before the treatment was over it had shrunk. Question is how much. I guess a fistula does mean that it has shrunk A LOT. Ideally down to nothing...

    ReplyDelete