Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Last Brachy

The view from the radiotherapy table
Laura and I drove down to Julie's in San Carlos last night, working our way toward my last cancer treatment which was this morning at 7:30am in Santa Clara.

Didn't get the fun drugs this time. No complaints, no pain. The nurse Ann took some pictures during the procedure but they're mostly too depressing (for me) to post here. We did get to hear about a Bollywood birthday party Dr. Nag had with his daughters where dancing was required. Ann said it was the funnest party she had ever been to.

Laura and Jules went to Starbuck's and the Container Store during my treatment. Apparently it took a bit longer because Dr. Nag's intern inserted the needles (perfectly!)

We went for falafels at this place Julie knows in San Jose from college, and I felt very shakey...then nausea, went ghostly pale. Not sure if that was because the meds were different. Anyway back at Julie's, went into a deep sleep for hours. Feel fine now though still a little shakey...so I'm done. It's hard to get excited about it since I am getting more tired and nauseated, and have an infection. Still...

Tomorrow Laura and I will do some organizing/purging...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Last treatment! Yay! You did it! (I'm really sorry you're feeling more sick, but YAY, light at end of the tunnel! Feeling the nasty side effects is almost over and you'll start feeling better every day!) I love you more than toast! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot a few things which I added to my post. Also didn't post my second Diploma, alack! Anyway thanks for all your love and support Jules. It has made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete