Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Terrible Clam & Misc.

I will be on retreat  until Tuesday, yay! Packing is kind of challenging since I am knackered and have half a brain.

Had a sort of rough night last night - couldn't sleep until about 4am and very very itchy. My body full of tension. However, today, no pain, no itching, felt pretty good. Condition subject to change.

Had fluffy cornmeal pancakes for breakfast. With SYRUP! That's what I call splashing out. Also found out you can't bring quorn sausages (if you don't know what they are, nevermind, you're better off) from England to the U.S. without risking a $10,000 fine. This is a great tragedy.

The docs say my tumor is shrinking. Misha felt my pulse today - which in Chinese medicine is 3 fingers on the edge of your wrist, not about blood pressure - and said my 'tumor pulse' was very different, I believe she said much weaker. I hadn't told her what the doctors said. So that's good. I hope, obviously I guess, that the tumor is gone after 3 months, and I don't have to do any more treatment. Cancer treatment at least at the point I'm getting to now doesn't leave you with much of a life.

Typical retreatants driving to a retreat
Dr. Patel clarified more about the immunity thing. Apparently chemo patients can get very susceptible to really bad infections, pneumonia, etc, just from catching a cold. He said my level is that I might be slightly more prone to catching someone's regular cold.

Did manage to meditate today which was great. I really love meditation, it's amazing that I have pretty much dropped the ball on it. I do a lot of mindfulness practice and reflection, but now feel the need for the formal stuff too, especially enjoying sitting on the floor again.

Oh yes I remembered what I was going to write about. My friend said when she witnessed a woman giving birth, that the woman commented that her vagina looked like a "terrible clam". I know how she felt.

6 comments:

  1. Just realized that that was my favorite Aquarium on Clement Street (across from Green Apple, & in-between a couple of the ubiquitous Chinese char siu bao & tea places? I would like to show you the East Bay Vivarium, in Berkeley – really mind-blowing (or whatever the Buddhist concept for that is) – my Grandkids love it, therefore it should be really satisfying for a sentient Adult. I can provide door-to-door transportation (and a meal at Bette’s Oceanside Diner, if you don’t mind waiting 20-30 minutes for a booth; or ‘M’s for great French toast, no wait). [I must be hungry!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's make this about me. Look, I'm fiddling with the phone! And talking at the same time! And wearing the same damn t-shirt I always wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saving this photo for this band's next record release (CD? I-tune? whatever we call it now) party. It's up to the three of you to provide the actual music. Acarasiddhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's three Seriously-Intent-Gals. A lot of Mindfulness There.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ben, re your first comment, all that sounds grand, but i can't really do normal things or eat normal food at the moment...perhaps in a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete