Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What is "Suva"? And Music, or What Passes For It.

Someone mentioned that that they figured "SuVa" was short for "Suvanna's Vagina". Of course that works for the current situation, but to clarify my intention, Suva is simply a shortest version of my Order name. Other people seem to favor Suv or Sue, both of which grind on my ears for some reason. Suvy worst of all. Of course they're all wrong, including Suvanna. The name I was given when I was ordained in Tuscany in 2001 is Suvarnaprabha, which means "Golden Radiance" in Sanskrit. My attempts to simplify it for Western people (who tend to go cross-eyed when they hear a five syllable Sanskrit name) has probably made it more complicated. But that's not what I was planning on writing about.

I resubmit this diagram
for your anatomical information
Although I do have what is called 'primary vaginal cancer', my subjective experience is not so much about the vagina anymore. The vagina is simply the provocateuse. Now the situation is more like, say...a sad trio crammed together and forced to play in a hot and airless cupboard. There is a a tuba, a piccolo, and a violin. Strings are broken, tuners are lost. The musicians have not had a drink of water for a very long time. They each continue to try to fullfil their designated function.

Lesson: If possible, do not take your piccolo for granted, or the breath that drives it. My body now seems to require an enormous amount of symptom and pain management...Shitting and peeing cause a level of physical trauma. (In the past I have used the word trauma rather lightly.) (I also usually have many hours per day with no pain, it varies a lot.)

Anyway, 7am, off to internal radiation...

1 comment: