Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Needs List/Hostile Takeover of Abdomen

Need a new medicine dispenser. Mine is now TOO SMALL.

I'm not writing this because I want someone to get me one. It's the sort of thing you kind of have to pick yourself.

Here's a picture of it. The cat is saying, "See how small it is?"

It is not cancer patient grade. Not that I'm taking any medications to do with cancer. It's all about vitamins, supplements, acidophilus, and Chinese herbs.

I also really need a sun hat, because I don't like sunscreen, and I like it even less now that my skin is sort of messed up from chemo. But I need to get that too. Even a small amount of sun makes my skin hurt.

And a chi gung DVD 
from
 Larry 
Wong
 at 
Wong’s 
Tai Ji 
& 
Qi Gong 
for 
Health,
 1775 
21st 
Ave.
 SF 
CA 
94122 

(415) 
753‐ 0426.


And more coconut water.


And I guess they weren't kidding when they said the effects of radiation take a couple of weeks to kick in. The last couple of nights, due to bladder irritation, I get up 8 or 10 times during the night to pee. I have illustrated my current situation by drawing in the general location of my tumor, with a circle around the areas that seem to have stopped functioning properly, and/or are extremely irritated, dried out, swollen, and itchy.  It's as if my lower abdomen were suddenly taken over by hostile aliens...who cut off the water supply.

I spoke to the oncology nurse Cecilia yesterday who made various product suggestions. They want there to be as little medication as possible (interferes/interacts with chemo)...and many topical things interfere with radiation. I'm meeting with Dr Patel today, will see what he says. I know sometimes they stop radiation for a few days in the case of really bad side effects. Don't know if mine are going to rate, since I don't have any infections.

Misha gave me some herbs to take and as usual I felt SO much better after seeing her. She was emphatic about eating more protein every day and suggested the section, ''The Treatment Support Diet' from Dr. Block's book, Life Over Cancer. Will have to get my sister to read it when she gets here! Also suggested eating white rice for diarrhea.

Today is chemo. I think it will be 3 out of 5.

P.S.  I thought this page could double as a shopping list, hence the bolded items.
P.P.S. picture frm http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/vaginal-cancer.html

10 comments:

  1. Bananas, (white) Rice, Applesauce & Toast: Good for when you have diarrhea. (Easy to remember because it spells BRAT :) XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mary, an oncology nurse told me this list but i didn't unpack it then couldn't figure what the letters were!
    should also say, don't eat frozen yogurt (even organic w agave etc) as ...results not good! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, I love you so much I will lend you my awesome sunhat. However, you HAVE to wear sunscreen. Your skin is going to be super sensitive, and staying out of direct sunlight isn't good enough. We get bombarded with reflected UV all the time. I will make it my mission to find you something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you will be able to find something that doesn't eventually drip into my eyes. Really, i'd rather just stay inside than wear sunscreen on my face. (Arms etc ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you are using the Aloe Vera, but it is very soothing. You could slather it on all of the dry irritated areas like, like a, not sure what it would be like--sorry you are having such a rough time, I like the illustration though. hugs hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lisa, i'm not supposed to use any moisturizers with alcohol and the aloe has it...i've found some stuff that works pretty well...glad you like the illustration, i like it too! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Is there any type of coconut water that is recommended or that you prefer? I'd love to stock you up on some but please let me know if there's any buying guidelines that I should know about! I'll drop off in the center, with a note, for ease. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Karen, nice, thanks! Going to run out in the next day or so...No guidelines except no added anything, especially no sugar. There are lots of brands. Rainbow has a case of H20 I think is the brand...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, I will swing it by tomorrow afternoon - I have time to hit Rainbow and can grab anything else you need! Please just holler and I'll pick it up. Should be waiting safely for you in the center around 7pm :-)

    ReplyDelete