Monday, February 6, 2012

Too Much Excitement

Still standing
I feel deeply tired, and nauseated, today, and my nether region continues to feel like ground glass. I am nervous about Wednesday, which is when I go for chemotherapy at 8am, then drive straight down to Santa Clara (over an hour's drive) for my first session of brachytherapy, also known as internal radiotherapy, which starts with spinal sedation. Wednesday's going to be a big day.

I sent a list of all the vitamins and herbs I am taking to Kaiser last night. A dietician called me today and suggested I stop taking Vitamin C (which in large doses is an antioxidant that interferes with radiation.)

Went to a class today offered by volunteers for the American Cancer Society. It's called Look Good...Feel Better. It's pretty much tips and tricks for dealing with not having any hair, eyelashes, or eyebrows. Plus a bag of free donated makeup, some of which is very nice.

Here are the 13 makeup steps:
  1. Cleanser
  2. Toner
  3. Moisturizer
  4. Foundation
  5. Concealer
  6. Powder
  7. Blush
  8. Eyebrow Product
  9. Eye Shadow
  10. Eyeliner
  11. Mascara
  12. Lip Liner
  13. Lipstick
Some of the class was fun. It was two hours long however - too long for me - and for some reason by the last 10 minutes, I went dead pale and was worried I might pass out. Then Laura took my picture!


3 comments: