Monday, February 13, 2012

Le Weekend



It seemed to me that were a lot of people at the ritual Saturday & I felt a bit overwhelmed and weepy for a while. We chanted the Akshobya mantra (with some bells and a drum that sounds like the ocean), which to me meant cooling water, and blue light. It was very beautiful. Then we did a little guided meditation and ended with the Heart Sutra and the gate mantra with offerings of lights and beautiful orchids. I was able to sit in my normal meditation posture the whole time without pain which was fantastic.

There were at least three remote participants - Dawn who was sick with a cold a few blocks away, Karen from a red low rider in the Chinese New Year parade, and Lena 14 hours away in Kazakstan!

Here's what our spring rolls did not look like.
Don't forget the shabu shabu sauce...


Afterwards Padmatara, Pasadini and my sisters made Vietnamese spring rolls and had we all had dinner downstairs with Shantinayaka and Elaine, then watched two episodes of Nurse Jackie...

Saturday night was tough. Woke up many times in pain. Realized as much as I sound enthused about the vicodin, taking it makes me a little nervous. Had a good conversation with Danamaya who said it takes 4 to 6 weeks of daily use to become habituated. She also gave me some other ideas of things to try that might help with the pain.

I received many wonderful gifts this weekend.

Tuesday is internal radiation #2 (of 3) in Santa Clara. I will drop off Laura at the Caltrain station today, and head down to Julie's.



1 comment: