Friday, January 20, 2012

Another Day

Montana, 2009
Day 3 of radiation today, then PT & I drove in the rain to the San Mateo DMV. I got a temporary handicapped placard, and registered my car, which I am getting tomorrow.  My sister Laura and her husband are driving it over from Fresno and taking the train back.

Had a wonderful acupuncture treatment last night. Beforehand my lower gut felt like it was tied in a knot and I was having little waves of something like motion sickness from standing up.

Because the chemo I am getting is primarily a 'radio enhancer', meaning its main purpose is the enhance the effects of the radiation, I am getting a lower dosage than someone would who is just getting chemo. Thanks to that. The real trouble isn't supposed to start for another 10 days or so.

The other times I've gotten acupuncture there I felt the needles very intensely. This time, all I felt was a slight pain in my lower abdomen. She said she was going to work on the nausea, and circulating the chemotherapy drug. It felt like that's what it was doing! I felt into a deep, completely absorbed and restful sleep during the first part of the treatment. I am so grateful that I am able to do this.

I'll post back-of-the-head pictures as soon as I remember to get some! Saying that I wouldn't have gotten the haircut if I didn't have cancer might have implied I don't like it. I love it! AND I'm a dyke magnet now which I might as well enjoy (even though I'm a celibate heterosexual with a very messed up vagina!!) (It must be said.)

Got two lovely long & sweet emails today. Some people have asked if it's ok to email...It's ok to do whatever you want, and I pretty much enjoy it. It's also fine to give this blog address to anyone who would like to see it - I just don't want it publicly posted anywhere.

...some old friends just took me out to a nice dinner at Foreign Cinema - lovely in spite of starting to get rained on a bit toward the end. Lovely food, lovely company! And the wooden seats didn't hurt for some reason...but I might have to start carrying around a cushion.

If you're on the lotasahelpinghands website, I added some stuff to it...


No comments:

Post a Comment