Sunday, January 15, 2012

Whale Beach

An attempt at auto-photography, Lake Tahoe
Wonderful walk today, again from the east side of Lake Tahoe in Nevada, down a wide path of towering and gnarly western redcedars. We (Julie, Dawn, and Mike) landed in a beautiful little cove called Whale Beach. There was no one else there.

We stayed for an hour or two. Toward the end of the afternoon the wind started picking up and the waves were crashing and spraying in the sun...I'll post some photos on Facebook.

My sit bones seem to ache a little more every day. Pillows are my friends. Walking is one of my favorite things to do...it doesn't seem to effect the pain either way.

It was not a long walk, but it is a high elevation (6,000 or 7,000 feet I think), and it was a a lot of sun, and a lot of cold wind. We were all completely knackered when we got back.

We had an excellent dinner and everybody pretty much went to bed. Time for me to do that too. Sorry for the abject lack of philosophical content. I'm feeling depressed at the moment about how my life might be for the next...however long. But I don't want to write about that so much.



4 comments:

  1. Suvanna – I don’t think I’ve got the hang of this blogging yet. I thought I ‘published’ this Comment earlier (and maybe I did!), but I don’t see it anywhere, so I’ll repeat it here, again:

    I don’t think I have ever read more intelligent, powerful, truthful, self-revealing, conducive-to-Understanding writing / sharing – ever, by anyone. What a Person You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog entries are poetic and philosophical without trying to be poetic and philosophical my dear! I am glad you are out in nature with good friends--before the next thing. Sending loads of hugs. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto --- sending you healing light - love vimalasara

    ReplyDelete