Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Movies I Picked Were Crap (Subtitle: Chemotherapy)

Photo by Padmatara

Room not really as divey as it appears here.


Super nice nurse called David who somehow was not impressed by my movie selection. Sadly, we weren't either. 2nd Harold and Kumar movie is dreadful. Portlandia was kind of, but not very, funny. 


New hair appointment I hope, tomorrow. All seems to be staying in place for the moment. My chemo doc Tavakoli (I think this name is Persian) is out for a month - no one knows why. My new medical oncologist is Amy Lin who I will meet on Wed Feb 1, 1:30. Tomorrow after radiation Padmatara and I are going to talk to a social worker at Kaiser about various things. 
Bedside table (at home)

I felt nothing unusual when I was getting it (injected into my hand). It took about 3 hours - 1 hour of hydration (water with sodium and magnesium), 1 hour of cisplatin, and 1 hour of hydration. I also felt nothing during radiation this morning. In bed now, feel slightly nauseated whenever I get up - have meds for that. It's the main side effect. 

Ay, nap time. x

2 comments:

  1. Well, there's a lot to say, but what I ended up with is this: If you are looking for a light, sort of silly but not horrible movie, you might like Paul. I thought it was funny and good for cheering up. Only one line really fell flat. And I hope your nausea goes away quickly. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092026/

    ReplyDelete