Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thanks for All Your Kindnesses

From Afghanistan
My dad (in Southern California) sent me a big check - yay! My step mom is giving me her car and paying for parking, and her daughters are covering the insurance. These things are such a huge relief to me. And many other kindnesses have come my way. I feel so grateful that people care about me and want me to live. You might think, of course they do...but...one feels gratitude.

I was saying to Julie yesterday as we were walking in Edgewood Park....is it true that I am happier than I was before I knew I had cancer? How can that be? I suppose there is more happiness (and more sadness and terror as well.)

I wanted to post a picture she took of me from the back...I'm wearing a Grateful Dead sweatshirt around my waist, crouching over with a docent to look at a plant, and it says DEAD across my butt. Julie is too sensible to give it to me...but we laughed about it for a long time.


1 comment: