Sunday, January 8, 2012

Meditation

I meditated twice in the Buddhist Center this morning. First time I've been in there in about a month, which probably has not happened since I moved into the building in 1994. I don't think I have meditated formally - maybe once - for a couple of weeks which has also got to be some kind of record for me. I was nervous about making an appearance and being overwhelmed. There were only around 6 people there, and it was in silence (thanks Pasadini!) so it was fantastic.

First started setting up my cushions and remembered that I can't sit on cushions. I got a chair - enjoyed meditation but it started to hurt my joints toward the end. Second sit was lying on the floor. I feel intuitively that the mildly painful sensations i can get in my left knee, and my right hip - are cancer that is not detectable yet. They feel the same way my left hip does, only subtler. It was very interesting kind of figuring out how to relate to this during meditation. Not only the pain but the fear about the pain, and just letting it be. I deeply love this process.

1 comment: