Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Sugar Feeds Cancer"

Quote from Dr Keith Block:
Tumors are gluttons for glucose. They consume this blood sugar at a rate of ten to fifty times higher than normal tissues. 
This reminded me that a couple of months ago, I went to Community Acupuncture Works (a lovely place and very affordable). I remember telling Ninah that I was having *intense* sugar craving. She asked if I had had this before. I said I didn't think I had - to this degree.

So this is maybe related to 'sugar feeds cancer'. I would add, Feeding a sugar craving feeds the sugar craving. Of course this is probably true of any kind of craving. If you indulge, it may come back stronger. I have virtually no desire to eat anything with added sugar now, and less craving for fruit. Not because I know the sugar is bad for me, but because after I stopped eating it for a day or two, I lost interest. I'm really grateful for this actually, that it's not a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment