Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Walk at Spooner Lake

Mike and Dawn
It is lovely to be up here in Tahoe. Went for a 2.1 mile hike with Mike and Dawn around Spooner Lake. In the bright sun the aspens near the shore were particularly beautiful.

We saw a bald eagle, at first at a distance, flying close to the surface of the water. Eventually it flew right by us, amazing to see.

Last night I felt some pain in my pelvic bone, and hip joints. I'm wondering whether my days of not having any pain are over! It might be from driving here (sitting in the car for hours), and in fact the last time I felt it was up in Lake County, also after a long drive. Also I haven't worked out the challenge either of how to sit in meditation.

I was realizing today that it's probably more painful because of what I think: It's not just a sensation, it's the thought of cancer. I'm pretty sure this thought makes the pain seem worse. So this is my next (mental) project, to try not to add to the physical pain with my mind.

The doctors say that once treatment starts, it will help with the pain...


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for blogging it is most helpful --- thanks for thinking about your friends and keeping us up to date - it touched me the thought of not being able to meditate -- and then you talk about not being able to sit in meditation - then i thought why not a chair - and then i thought meditation is every moment of our life - you can meditate right now whatever you are doing.... i find your writing a meditation - mindful, present and aware - thank you

    ReplyDelete